To Update Your Name/Address/Date of Birth:
1. Head over to the UID portal (https://ssup.uidai.gov.in/web/guest/update) and login with your Aadhaar number.
2. You will receive an OTP (One Time Password). You will be redirected to the data page upon entering the OTP.
3. Select the data you want to update.
4. If you need to update your address or name, you must furnish respective documents:
Name Correction/Update: Requires supported Proof of Identity(PoI) Documents Containing Name and Photo.
Date of Birth Correction: Requires supported proof of Date of Birth. Enter your details in DDMMYYYY format. Keep in mind you can update your Date of Birth only once. Once the date is verified, it cannot be changed.
Address Corrections/Change: Requires supported address proof that contains name and address.
5. Upload the original, scanned copies of your documents.
6. Submit the request and note down the URN (Update Request Number) for future reference.
To Update Your Mobile Number:
- Login to the UID Portal and select mobile number to update your phone.
- If you have lost your phone number or want to add a new phone number, the process is slightly different. Here is what you can do:
To update it via post, download this form.
- Enter your Aadhaar Card number, name and address as mention in the card. (All in CAPS)
- In the Mobile section, fill in your new number.
- Attach some proof of identity with the form and sign it. You can also put your thumb impression on it.
Double check information and send it over to:
Box No. 10, Chhindwara, Madhya Pradesh – 480001, India or
UIDAI Post Box No. 99, Banjara Hills, Hyderabad – 500034, India.
You can also head over to your nearest Aadhaar Center and update your mobile number in person. Locate your nearest Aadhaar center here.
No documents are required to change email ID or gender. Just login to the UID portal, make preferred changes and hit submit. Use the URN to track your update. It will take a minimum of 7 to 10 days to reflect the changes.