You are here

Home » Utility » How to get Death certificate
How to get Death certificate
A death certificate is a document which contains information of deceased, issued by the government to the nearest relatives.The concerned authority of Municipal corporation issue the death certificate.
It contains information like name of deceased person, date and time of death, cause of death. So according to the Registration of Birth and Death Act 1969, it is essential to register every death with the concerned state government within 14 days of its occurrence.
Death certificate is essential because it releases the person from social, legal and official obligation. It is also an essential document for property settlement and insurance claim.

Who is eligible to claim death certificate

The spouse or children of deceased person are eligible to claim the death certificate.

 Information and Documents required.

registerdeath_0.JPG1. Name of Deceased
2. Date of Death
3. Gender
4. Name of Father/Husband of the deceased
5. Address of Deceased
6. Place of Death
7. Nationality
8. Occupation
9. Religion
10. Postmortem report if death is caused by accident or by any crime.
11. Report from the concerned authority if death occurs in Hospital, Jail or in police station.







Online application for Death Certificate

Login to e-municipality portal i.e.

  • First register in this portal by giving mobile no/email id.


  • After registration login to the portal and fill-up the necessary details with supporting document.


  • Make the online fee payment and submit the application form. Post submission keep the record of reference number for future tracking.

Post verification the death certificate will be issued which can be collected from the office.


Visit the nearest Common service center and register regarding the death by filling the necessary form. In villages report to the Aganwadi center regarding the death. Attach the required documents as mentioned above and submit.
After verification the death certificate will be issued by the Municipal Corporation/Urban development Department of your area.