How to Get Birth Certificate
In India, it is mandatory under the law (as per the Registration of Births Act, 1969) to register every birth with the concerned State/UT Government within 14 days of its occurrence.
- The Government accordingly has provided for a well-defined system for registration of Birth, with the Registrar General at the centre and the Chief Registrars in the States, running through district registrars to the village and town registrars at the periphery.
- In the Online Services section select Birth Certificate
- Select Birth Certificate and login as a citizen
- Pay the fees online and collect certificate
Through CSC Centers
- CSC (Common Service Centres) help public to obtain Birth Certificates, You could find your nearest CSC centre by using the following link : CSC Locations.
- Please make sure you have all the necessary documents that are listed under "Required Documents" section which could help you in getting things done earlier fashion.
- Every birth shall be registered within 14 days from the day of occurrence.
- Any person who wants to register a birth shall inform the concern office in the prescribed format along with a certificate from the person or Medical Institution, who conducted delivery in the case of.
- Beyond the prescribed time limit, if a registration is done, it is accepted with a payment of penalty up to a period of one year.
- If a registration is to be done beyond a period of one year, it will be registered only on receipt of judicial order from a Magistrate and with penalty.
- Name of the child
- Place of birth
- Provide identity or address proof Documents
- Parents Occupation
Each copy costs fee of Rs.10/-
The Birth certificate is valid for ever.