It is a healthy summer drink made with roasted gram flour. Roasted chickpea flour is also known as chane ki sattu. Chane ki sattu can be made at home. Drinks made from sattu are cooling in nature and nutritious in nature. For sweet sattu one can use jaggery, honey or raw sugar.
Meetha sattu recipe:
Preparation time: 5 mins
- 1.5 liter chilled water or water at room temperature
- 6 table spoon sattu (roasted black chickpea flour)
- 4 to 6 table spoon regular sugar or organic unrefined sugar or honey as per taste
- 2 -3 pinch of black salt (optional)
- In a large mug take 3 glass of chilled water and add 6 tablespoon of sattu and mix properly. Add sugar or jaggary (usually 7-9 tablespoon of sugar) with the mixture. Add pinch of black salt to balance the sweetness, it is optional one may or may not add black salt.
- Stir and mix everything very well. Serve the drink chilled.